Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Powerful Reminders From Above


 I'm living again.  Moment by moment, breath by breath, day by day.  Finally out a dry spell, I can't help but rejoice and be glad.  Overwhelmed by God's lovingkindness, I close my eyes and soak in His goodness.  So many scrambled thoughts fry my brain like a cooked egg.  Wracking my mind for the right words forces me to translate my abstract reveries into something of substance.

Today was not about getting to the end of the day.  It was spent in church, in community, and in contemplative worship.  God is slowly removing my lingering doubts.  I'll never fully rationalize all that He is and does.  It would be a mundane faith if my journey was clearly mapped out, without any discoveries to be made along the way.  I give up on my desire to have all the answers.  Rather than wasting my energy on insignificant temporality, I'm focused on living for God more each day. My eyes are directed towards heaven, in the sense, that I am finally seeing that God works in crazy, unexpected ways.  

When I place limits on God, I am fastening a cork on the joy He has stored inside me.  Who am I to whine when things aren't going "my" way?  I continuously struggle against pursuing fruitless endeavors that stem from selfishness.  I come before my Creator, humbled by my own weakness.  

In response to this realization, God is breathing life into my formerly frozen stasis.   "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" (2 Corin. 12:9).  

Take a moment to listen to this song and reflect on how life is a process in which God is repeatedly "making all things new."

No comments:

Post a Comment