Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Preoccupied Free-Time?!




For the first time since summer of 08', NO SUMMER SCHOOL!!! It's funny how while school is in session, I can't wait to be freed from studying and textbooks. Now that summer is finally here, I am having a difficult time adjusting to not having a schedule set in stone. Yes, I still have work and church to keep me busy, but I still feel like I need something to occupy my time. As I have been thinking this through a bit, I realize something-maybe not life-changing or earth-shattering—is wrong with my mentality. 


As an American, I have been programmed to desire productivity and busyness. We complain so much about not having enough time in the day, but once schedules are removed, we don't know what to do with ourselves. On one hand, I can't let myself spend the next three months sitting around twiddling my thumbs together and watching movies. On the flip side, I need to remember to breathe in what God is teaching me and not allow His guiding presence to pass me by. I know there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes). So my dilemma is neither unique or all that important. 


Still, I will work myself through it. Wait a minute, I need to rewind my cassette tape once again. The phrase, "I will work..." is first, completely centered on myself, and about what I can do to fix this. I am leaving Christ out of the picture when I have this sort of mindset. It is a constant battle to remove my selfishness out of the equation and to allow Him to work in and through me (a prayer I am hearing more and more that I have yet to take hold of).

Before I babble on some more, I suppose I should get back to the topic at hand. While re-framing my perspective on things, I do have a few things I plan on being a part of this summer. FUSION for one. I want to take some day trips, either flying solo or with a small group of people. I have a summer reading list in the works. Volunteer work possibly. And most importantly, I pray that I will devote my heart and passion to the Lord so HE can use me for His glory and not my own.

I have an inkling that I will be pleasantly surprised by what is going to take place during my time free from school. I look forward to it, in fact, since this is the very beginning of the next three months of life here on Earth. Blogging apparently is a free therapy session in which I can process through what I am struggling with. Hurray for that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah this is a great idea, and a great plan. I love your way of writing, it pulls the person in and makes them interested in what you have planned. I agree with you that this is, in a sense, 'free therapy'. I know that for the past two or three years I have been keeping a journal, but the down side to that, no feedback. With this blog you will not only be able to see yourself grow, fall, and remember the times during these next three months; but others will follow your blog, and grow right with you. Who knows, maybe you'll touch someone's life in the process of all this. Love and miss you my California Friend~Lillian W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow really good informision got lot to learn. looking forward for more informative posts from you. recently searching for the relative informision got this Satta king check it out.

    ReplyDelete